Ocala Breeders’ Feed and Supply will have a Veterans Day Celebration. Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs will benefit from our celebration.
A donation station will be set up in our retail locations during the week of November 9-14, 2020. Anyone who donates will receive a bounce-back coupon for $5.00 off a purchase of $25.00 or more valid from November 9-30, 2020.
Guardian Angel Medical Service Dogs on Site
Wednesday, November 11, 2020, from 10 am-3 pm you can visit with Guardian Angel Medical Service Dogs organization. Also, a combat veteran who is the recipient of one of their dogs will be on site. Get information on this fantastic organization and see first hand what these dogs are doing to people.
Who are Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs
Guardian Angel her dedicated Board of Directors, employees,s Medical Service Dogs is a 501(C)3 is based in Williston, Florida. Started in 2010 by Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Carol Borden. With her dedicated Board of Directors, employees, and volunteers; together, we are unleashing the incredible power of service dogs. Additionally, Guardian Angels utilize a positive-reinforcement training method. Furthermore, a team of staff and volunteers work incredibly hard to ensure that each applicant is carefully considered. Additionally, each recipient has the tools they need to be successful with their service dog, and each dog is matched to the right recipient. No matter the disability, Guardian Angels strive to assist as many people as we can through the healing power of service dogs.
We train medical service dogs to mitigate the challenges associated with several disabilities. These include PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), Traumatic Brain Injury, seizure disorders, glucose imbalance, mobility issues, and more. We do not train guide dogs, due to the length of their very specialized training.
Guardian Angels are proud to have paired more than 300 individually trained medical service dogs with deserving recipients since our beginning in 2010.
At Guardian Angels, no recipient is ever charged for their service dog. Join us in continuing to save and change lives through the healing power a service dog can provide.
Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs, Inc. was established for the charitable purpose of:
- Rescuing, raising, and training the highest caliber medical service/assistance dogs
- Pairing highly-trained dogs with individuals afflicted by disabilities, including a focus on veterans with combat wounds
- Building/restoring independence and improving quality of life, for both the recipient and the dog, while minimizing reliance on government, communities, caregivers, and families
- Advancing successful service dog training practices by promoting appropriate trainer education and contributing to related research studies
- Pursuing increased public awareness and education regarding current disability laws and contributing to new/enhanced laws regarding service dogs