Purina Amplify High-Fat Horse Supplement
Amplify High-Fat is a high-fat nugget for body condition, performance, shine, & bloom.
Many of today’s horses are asked to perform at higher levels, with a more intense exercise and competition schedule. These higher physical demands increase the calories required to maintain adequate body condition, which often requires a higher volume of grain intake. The best way to consistently provide your horse with a complete balance of nutrients is with a Purina® Horse Feed and good quality hay. However, these highly stressed horses may also benefit from a concentrated, efficient calorie source.
That’s Where Amplify High-Fat Horse Supplement Comes In
Purina Amplify Supplement is a high-fat, controlled starch extruded nutritional supplement. When extra calories are needed to maintain body condition, Purina Amplify Supplement can be added to the horse’s daily ration to provide multiple benefits.
Features & Benefits
Immune System Support
Proprietary Extruded Particle
Shine and Bloom
Weight Gain and Endurance
- Begin with 1 pound per day feeding rate; gradually increase by 0.5 pound/day every two days until the desired feeding rates are achieved.
- Maximum feeding rate for most horses should be 4 pounds of Amplify® High-Fat Supplement per day.
- Changes in feeding programs should be made gradually over a period of 10 to 14 days.
- Begin feeding 60 days prior to competition, sale, show or breeding season.
- Horses have varying acceptance of higher-fat diets and supplements, and as the fat level in the diet is increased, some horses may begin to show diminished intake. If that occurs, reduce the feeding rate or try blending Amplify® High-Fat Supplement with a small amount of sweet feed.
- If your horse is sensitive to dietary soluble carbohydrates, please consult with a veterinarian or nutritionist for a recommended diet.
- Adequate forage is necessary to maintain normal digestive function in the horse.
- Provide a minimum of 1 lb. per 100 lbs. body weight per day of hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Prevent the rapid eating of any feedstuffs by the horse.
- Observe your horse’s condition daily and consult your veterinarian immediately if any problems arise.
- Amplify® High-Fat Supplement is to be used as a supplement. Amplify® High-Fat Supplement is not to be used as an ingredient in manufacturing feed.