KMR Milk Replacers for kittens and puppies.
Recommended as a food source for orphaned or rejected kittens or that nursing but needing supplemental feeding. Also recommended for growing kittens or adult cats that require a source of highly digestible nutrients.
- It contains prebiotics and probiotics, a source of live naturally-occurring microorganisms.
- Supplies necessary vitamins and minerals to ensure proper development and growth.
- Formulated to provide a caloric pattern similar to mother’s milk in protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Easy to digest, highly palatable, easy to mix formula.
- Ideal supplement for post-surgery and convalescence
Steps for bottle feeding a kitten or puppy
- Using a scale, weigh your newborn in ounces. The weight will determine its daily feeding amount: 2 Tbsps. per 4 ounces of body weight.
- Now that you have the daily feeding amount, figure the per-feeding amount based on how frequently they need to eat. Do not feed the entire daily amount in one feeding—this could cause the stomach to rupture.
- Prepare the milk replacer. Make sure it’s heated to room temperature. To heat, place the formula inside a bottle or container and float it in a warm water bath. Do not heat the formula directly.
- Place the baby on its stomach in a natural feeding position. Do not roll it onto its back, as this could cause the animal to inhale or choke on the formula. Hold the bottle at a 45-degree angle and allow them to latch on.
- Allow your animal to feed on the bottle at his or her own pace. Do not squeeze the bottle, as this will cause the formula to flow too rapidly into the mouth.
- Make sure it eats the correct per-feeding amount. Overfeeding or underfeeding can have detrimental effects, including developmental issues.
- When it is finished feeding, assist it in elimination by gently rubbing a moistened cotton ball over its genitals for approximately 30 seconds or until it goes to the bathroom.
Ocala Breeders’ Feed and Supply has all your needs for a motherless animal or one where the mother doesn’t provide enough milk. Not only do we have KMR milk replacers, but we stock bottles as well. Additionally, you will find a good selection of quality puppy and kitten foods. Furthermore, our adult pet food line is full of selections for everyone’s budget.