Halloween can be a fun time for you, your children, and your pets. Skip the stress and keep your pets safe this year by following these Halloween Safety Tips for Pets.
At OBFS, we understand that your pets are family members. That is why we provide a large variety of food, supplements, treats, collars, and leads. We have staff knowledgeable staff members to answer your questions and help provide solutions to your pet needs
Halloween should be a fun time for you, your kids, and your pets. Follow these Halloween Pet Safety Tips to ensure a happy treat-filled night without any tricks:
- Keep Halloween festivities for your pets on the down-low. Before the trick-or-treating starts, put your pets in a quiet room where they will be safe from all of your Halloween visitors.
- Steer your pets away from dangerous decorations. Introduce your pets to the decorations slowly. Changes to your home can make your pets, especially cats, or small pets such as rabbits or guinea pigs nervous or frightened.
- Be cautious with pet costumes. Remember, most pets are happiest wearing nothing but their birthday suits. If you do choose a costume for your pet, skip masks, anything that covers eyes or ears as well as anything that might tangle in your pet’s legs. If you chose to bring them to Halloween events make sure those events are geared toward pets, Like OBFS Pet Days!
- Please protect your pets from the outdoors. Bring your pets indoors before it gets dark. Cats are always safest inside with you, but, particularly on Halloween. In case your pets escape your home, make sure all of your pets are wearing tags with current IDs and, even better, microchip your pets and register the chip. OBFS Can assist you beforehand with proper ID tags. Stop by before Halloween and update your pet’s tags.
- Remember Halloween Candy can be extremely dangerous to your pets, especially chocolate. Make sure all candy wrappers are discarded appropriately and out of reach of your pets. Candy and candy wrappers can wreak havoc on your pet’s digestive system.
Have a safe and happy Halloween! Don’t forget to stop by during our Pet Days and take advantage of all the great deals we have going on. Enter our Pet Safe Pet Halloween Photo Contest.
Ocala Breeders Feed & Supply
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and be the first to know about store specials, new products & upcoming events.