Whether you’re looking for growth, muscle, fill or bloom, Purina High Octane show supplements can take your livestock project to the next level. Purina High Octane show supplements are formula rich in research and field tests proven to provide you and your show animal with the Power to Perform.
Allowing enough time for Purina High Octane show supplements to work on the target areas of your animal is key to show ring success.
5 Tips for utilizing Purina High Octane Livestock Show Supplements
1. When should I use Livestock show supplements?
Start using supplements early enough to make a change, and use them long enough to give them a chance to work. Some supplements need to be fed longer to get the full benefit while others take less time.
Depending on the supplement, use for a minimum of 30-60 days to see results.
2. How many Livestock show supplements should I use?
Keep show supplement use manageable by using one or two at a time and adjust as needed. Going overboard with supplements often means you’re trying to fix too much, too quickly. Supplements are not a magic bullet for poor feed, genetics or management.
3. How do I know which Livestock show supplements to use?
Evaluate the animal with a critical eye to identify it’s needs. Each supplement is designed for a specific area on the animal. Once you’ve identified the target area, finding the corresponding supplement becomes easy – see a need, fill a need.
Here are a few examples:
- Need skeletal growth and muscle shape? Use High Octane Champion Drive.
- Need to trim fat and build muscle? High Octane Fitter 35.
- Need fat cover and weight gain? Use High Octane Power Fuel.
- Need to promote growth, bloom, and help to increase body condition? Use High Octane Heavy Weight.
- Need to build your Hogs muscle and Trim Fat? Use High Octane Show Pig Paylene.
Remember to start using a supplement as soon as you identify an area for improvement. If you wait too long, it may be too late to see the desired improvement. When starting any livestock on a supplement, work slowly and weigh your feed and supplements to know the exact amounts cattle are receiving.
4. How do each of the High Octane Livestock Show supplements work
The scenarios where you might use show supplements depend on your individual animal. Here’s how each High Octane supplement can work within your livestock show feeding program. Please make sure to read feeding directions for intended livestock that you are going to be supplementing
These supplements are part of the Honor Show Chow lineup of livestock show products that Ocala Breeders’Feed & Supply carry. Purina High Octane Supplements are specifically designed for livestock show animals and are intended for Cattle, Pig, Lamb, Goat, and Poultry. As always please read the label to ensure proper use and feeding. Top Dress with the best.
- Supports muscle development and skeletal growth
- Defines Muscle tone and top shape
- Builds muscle without trimming or adding fat
High Octane Fitter 35
- Builds Muscle
- Helps to trim fat to make animal leaner
- Promotes lean muscle expression
High Octane Power Fuel
- Provides energy (calories) while keeping the body cool and helping with hair coat
- Puts bloom and condition on cattle, but helps keep them smooth and softens their look
- Optimizes weight gain and fat cover
High Octane Heavy Weight
- Source of energy to help promote growth, bloom, and help to increase body condition
- Helps promote healthy skin and shiny hair coats
- Can be used to help improve voluntary feed intake
High Octane Show Pig Paylene
- Helps to build muscle and trim fat
- Medicated show feed supplement
- High in essential amino acids to produce the “show ready” look
All High Octane supplements can be fed on show day. None require a feed withdrawal.
Keep in mind that not all animals are the same. Some require more help than others and supplements may need to be fed for longer periods. High Octane supplements continue to work as long as they are fed.
5. How do I know if Livestock show supplements are working?
When you see your show animal every day, it can be difficult to notice changes over time. Take a picture of each of your animals every 2-4 weeks. If you’re looking for a change in a specific area, like added body depth, condition or growth, it will be easiest to see by viewing their progress in snapshots over time.
The bottom line? Take your time learning how to use livestock show supplements. Let your animal tell you what they need and when. Then, look for a supplement targeted for your animal’s needs and give it time to work. With proper planning and the right supplements, you’ll see the payoff in the show ring.
Ocala Breeders’ Feed & Supply is your one-stop Purina Feed Dealer. We carry High Octane Livestock Show Supplements for Cattle, Pig, Lamb, Goat, and Poultry.