February is Pet Dental Care Awareness Month
Pet dental care treatment can prevent the following problems:
- tooth decay
- bleeding gums
- tooth loss
- even internal organ damage
Did you know that 8 out of every 10 pets over the age of three suffer from gum disease?
Ocala Breeders’s Feed and Supply stocks items that will help you take care of your pet’s teeth.
Some of those items are:
- pet toothbrushes
- treats with tarter control
- treats and drops for bad breath
- dental chews
- Foods that aid with dental care
Signs of Gum Disease.
- Bad breath. Your pet’s breath will not smell great, but persistent bad breath is a sign that your pet needs a dental visit.
- Red, bleeding, swollen, or receding gums
- Yellow-brown plaque or tartar on your pet’s teeth
- Loose, infected for missing teeth
What can you do to prevent oral disease?
- Schedule annual wellness visits to your veterinarian, including dental visits and cleaning.
- Brush your pet’s teeth regularly.
- Feed pet food that is specifically designed and formatted for tartar control and plaque buildup.
When selecting a pet food that helps with dental care it is recommended that you choose dry kibble over wet pet food. Kibble is better for their teeth.
Avoid table scraps and human food as often these foods get stuck in your pet’s teeth and gums.
A healthy pet means maintaining healthy teeth. If you haven’t already, get your pet’s dental health care program started today.
Stop by the Ocala Breeders Feed & Supply location nearest you for pet dental care products including pet toothbrushes, tartar control treats and dental chews and so much more. We look forward to seeing you.